“Hello. My name is __________ and I’m an addict. A shopping addict.”
There are 10 telltale signs that your wife, girlfriend, mother and/or lover is a shopping addict. Want to know the signs? Here are 10 of them:
- You buy a $500 Dyson vacuum (only $400 after your 20% off coupon) and hide it in a back closet so your husband doesn’t see it. (And you can only vacuum when he’s not home.)
- You can justify buying the $500 Dyson vacuum, because it was only $400 after your 20% off coupon. (The Dyson, BTW, is worth EVERY penny!)
- You have $20 in your pocket, and can leave the dollar store with 25 things.
- You have a third bank account that only you know about.
- Only you are allowed to collect the mail.
- You’ve signed up for paperless statements for all of your credit cards. (And only you have the login information.)
- When confronted about how much something costs, you undercut the price by at least 15%, and then say “…and that’s before the sale price!”
- You go back to the store to exchange one item, and come home with three more things.
- You can’t go shopping with your kids anymore, because now they can talk. (And tell daddy what mommy REALLY bought.)
- The first three bookmarks in your browser are eBay, Overstock, and Amazon.
Anyone else out there guilty?